It’s not actually “ice cream,” but it’s cold and delicious! Best of all it’s an easy and HEALTHY dessert!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Hand mixer/blender
- Knife and cutting board
- 4 bananas (makes 2 servings)
- Tahini – Sesame seed paste (use a raw, organic version)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Place the bananas in your freezer. Leave overnight or until frozen.
- Once bananas are frozen, take out and let them thaw. *Don’t let them get warm, mushy or completely thawed! You’ll know, because they’ll be rock-hard at first.
- Once they soften up – peel the bananas and chop into chunks.
- Add the bananas and 3-4 tablespoons of tahini into your hand mixer/blender.
- Option to add a dash or two of Vanilla extract.
- Blend away – until the bananas are a thick and smooth texture! The colder the bananas – the longer it will take.
- That’s it – you’re ready to serve!
A few notes:
- This should serve 2 people – don’t be afraid to add more bananas and more tahini to serve more – but keep the proportions in line.
- The dash of vanilla extract is optional, but makes a big difference taste-wise. It’s still delicious without, but just a different flavor.
- If the mixture is too thick, you can always add some water to thin it out – but not too much!! 2 or 3 tablespoons should do.
- You can eat this anytime, as a dessert, a snack or after workouts – tahini is high in Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, protein and fiber.