Is it possible to eat oatmeal “raw???” Yes, of course! You don’t have to cook anything in this RAW FOOD recipe and it will definitely change the way you think of oatmeal!
Here’s How it Works & What You Need:
- Hand mixer/blender
- 1.5 – 2 cups of rolled oats or steel cut oats – organic and gluten-free is best!
- 1.5 – 2 cups of filtered water
- 2-4 tablespoons of RAW honey
- 2-4 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 cups of raisins
- 1 whole apple – bigger is better!
**Because this is raw – not cooked – we need to start this the NIGHT BEFORE.
- Measure out 1.5 – 2 cups of oats (serving for 2 -3 people). Add into hand mixer/blender.
- Add 1 cup of raisins
- AND 1.5 – 2 cups of water – fill the water just enough to the same level of the oats/raisins. LET SIT OVERNIGHT
- Blend the oats/raisins and water – overnight the oats/raisins will absorb all the water and swell up.
- Chop your apple into small pieces – remove the core and seeds (keeping the peel is OK)
- Add the apple to the hand mixer/blender and blend everything again until smooth.
- Pour out the oats into serving bowls.
- Add RAW honey (1-2 tablespoons to each bowl). You may need to warm the RAW honey if it is solid form.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of cinnamon to each bowl.
- Top off with 1 cup of raisins
- Stir well and serve!!
A Few Notes:
- This should yield 2 LARGE bowls – enough to fill you until dinner!!
- You may need to warm/melt down the Raw honey if it is in solid form. I use a “bain-marie” method – scoop out a few tablespoons into a cup, place the cup into a sauce pan with a little water and heat the water on the stove until the honey melts.
- As you prefer, add more or less honey or cinnamon.
- Add more or less oats and water for more servings – but keep proportions in line.
- Feel free to top with nuts, seeds – almonds, flax seeds, etc.
- And….it goes great with a green juice!!